The stacks and seating areas of the Mallet Library are currently closed to the public during the Welch Plaza renovation project.
Summer Session Hours
June 4 – August 17
|See Library Hours for current information.
August intersession hours (Aug. 18-25) to be determined.
- Library materials will be paged from the stacks by library staff upon request. However, some materials may be temporarily inaccessible to staff due to obstructions or safety concerns. Patrons may request paging in advance by calling the Library at 512-495-4600 or via email. Please provide full bibliographic details including the call numbers of items you wish to have retrieved.
- Most public workstations and the pay printer will be available.
- Seating will be very limited.
- Noise and dust may be an ongoing annoyance.
- Departmental and public photocopiers (1 each) will be moved and available. The public copy card vending machine will not be available. Purchase and re-value your cards in other campus libraries.
- Reserves materials will be available at the desk as usual. Loan periods will be unchanged.
- Some reference materials will be available, as will current issues of journals.
- Access to electronic information resources will not be affected.
We do not know the exact date of completion and re-opening. Construction in the libary may not be finished by the start of fall classes.
We will do our best to maintain basic services during the disruption. We regret the inconvenience this project will cause. However, we look forward hopefully to a leak-free future in the Mallet Library!
If you have any questions, please contact the library at 512-495-4600.