Sampler Crocheted Blanket
Raffle tickets are $1 each. The winning ticket will be drawn (need not be present to win) at the Oct. 31st Library Halloween party. To purchase raffle tickets contact Loretta Acevedo at
495-4168 or email@example.com
The colors are Chocolate Brown, Cream and Rouge (which is more of a terracotta color than red). The approximate measurements are 52” x 72”. It’s a sampler blanket with every square being a different pattern, and the entire blanket has a border of scalloped edging.
The blanket can be machine washed and dried.
Entirely hand crocheted by the UT Library Castoffs
All proceeds from this raffle will go to Hospice Austin.
The Library committee working on the Hearts of Texas this year will be putting out a cookbook of your recipes. Of course, before we can do that we need your recipes. Please submit your favorite recipe(s) so everyone can make your dish and know who to thank for it.
- submit your recipe to: Loretta Acevedo email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- We are asking you to submit your recipe in a WORD document – this will make compiling the cookbook much easier & quicker. If you can’t do a word doc then put it in an e-mail message. I can copy from email and paste it into WORD.
- If you have to submit a paper copy please DO NOT give me your only copy of this recipe. My organizational skills are sketchy at best and I cannot be responsible if the your recipe is lost. Make a copy for us to work with.
- We don’t have any idea of layouts yet but if you want to submit a small photo of the finished dish that would be fine. I don’t promise it will be used but you never know.
- Please do include your name (and dept./unit would be great, too) so everyone will know who is responsible for the fabulous dish they just made
- The book will NOT be limited to any one type of dish, such as desserts, main dish, etc. Contribute your favorite recipe – period! However, it would be helpful if you would indicate whether or not you serve it as an appetizer, main dish, etc.
- If you want to include something pertinent about the dish, i.e. it was your grandfather’s favorite recipe; your great, great, great grandmother got the recipe from Ma Ferguson … etc. Again, I don’t promise there will be enough room for pictures or stories but if you want to include it with your recipe go ahead.
- Feel free to submit more than one recipe if you like with the understanding that the committee has the final say in which recipes get used in the event we have more recipes that we can financially include in the book.
Deadline to submit recipes is: Monday October 10th, 2011.
We are hoping for a December sale of this Library cookbook so please check your recipes and start e-mailing them to me as soon as you find them. We know the Library is full of excellent cooks so please contribute a recipe or two and let the cooking begin.
CALLING ALL BAKERS (AND HUNGRY PEOPLE)!!!
WHAT: 1st Hearts of Texas PCL Bake Sale of the season!
WHERE: PCL Plaza
WHEN: Wednesday, October 5th from 8am-1pm
WHY: All proceeds will be donated to the UT Austin Staff Emergency Fund
Please bring donated baked goods to the Bake Sale tables on your way into work.
**Help us out by putting your name on your Tupperware or baking dish and attach a note describing your goodies (i.e. brownies w/nuts).
Want to order one of Steve Stein’s delicious homemade pies?
Contact me (Susan) or Steve Stein at email@example.com
Vouchers for made to order pies will also be sold at the Bake Sales this year.
Questions??: Contact Susan Hallgren @ firstname.lastname@example.org
The Hearts of Texas Auction is up and running.
Bidding will be open until 11:00am on October 31!
Check out all of the great stuff for sale, like this week’s featured item a Bolivian Carrying Cloth!
Welcome to the University of Texas Libraries’ Hearts of Texas blog!
Be sure to check back for updates!