Briefly present an idea (5 minutes). Be prepared to answer questions and lead a discussion about it. Please post your RIOT to this blog the day before the meeting.
Write a blog post about the discussion that happened at the RIOT meeting.
- present an idea for a new active learning technique you tried in class or learned about on a listserv
- summarize a recent journal article
- present a useful web site of instructional materials
- present a new technological tool for use in the classroom or for assessment
- Active learning – practical examples
- Assignments/exercises – practical examples
- Effective faculty collaborations/core curriculum initiatives – practical examples
- Learning theory
- Motivational techniques for students
- Outreach ideas
- Topic selection
- Instructional technology for information literacy
- Student use of information
- Teaching source evaluation/critical thinking
EDUCAUSE Interaction and Engagement Resources (place to mine for RIOT topics, courtesy of Meghan)
A Selective List of Journals on Teaching & Learning Need to find an article? Here’s a list of journals that cover teaching and learning, maintained by ACRL’s Instruction Section.