1. Report on DASIG accomplishments (5 minutes) – Kristen Hogan
2. Discuss how we can apply the work of DASIG, and things we have learned as DASIG members, to our daily work (15 minutes) – Begin in small groups (10 minutes) then transition to a large group for sharing (5 minutes)
3. Discuss and prepare for the Diversity Action Libraries-wide event (20 minutes) – During our last DASIG meeting, the opinion was expressed that we would like to have a reprise of the panel discussion we had on June 16, only this time it would be open to the entire Libraries staff. The panel will discuss best practices for working with students of color and LGBTQ students. We also want to schedule time during this event for small group conversations, facilitated by the panel specialists, about how to apply this information to our daily work. We are thinking about having this event at the beginning of December (possibly December 10?).
We are going to start preparing for this event before our Nov. 17 meeting. We will send out an email, including a call for participation, before the Nov. 17 meeting, and we will also talk about the details in person.
• Please come ready with your thoughts about how best to prepare for and organize the event, and any other ideas or questions about the event
• Please be prepared to volunteer for some aspect of organizing the event. We are looking forward to you volunteering when we send out the call for participation email before the Nov. 17 meeting:
o Meeting with Jason Sick for event planning and planning for refreshments
o Meeting with panel members
o Meeting with Staff Council about the event
o Meeting with Travis Willmann about photographing the event
o Writing the Library Update posting about the event
o Helping to arrange furniture, set up food, etc. on the day of the event
o Helping to clean up after the event
o Other things that need to be done???
4. Mini-workshop: Finalizing the documents to present to Dr. Lorraine Haricombe (35 minutes) – We want to complete the documents we are going to present to Dr. Haricombe during this meeting. We can start with a brief discussion about the concept of the Short-Term Actions versus the Long-Term Actions (5 minutes). Then we can break into our small groups, and refine and condense our small group Wiki posts (30 minutes). We will provide laptops for this activity.
5. Report out from the small groups about our finalized documents and decide on an editor to pull the separate documents together into a whole package suitable for presentation to Dr. Haricombe (10 minutes)
• Please consider volunteering to be the editor of this very significant presentation document
6. Plan for December’s DASIG meeting (5 minutes)
o Verify co-facilitators and blogger for next meeting
o Discuss a basic agenda or ideas for next meeting (Do we want to bring in a speaker/webcast/reading to continue our education within the group?)
o Discuss any action items required to be performed before next meeting
• Please be ready to discuss your thoughts about what should be on the agenda for December’s meeting