Sampler Crocheted Blanket
Raffle tickets are $1 each. The winning ticket will be drawn (need not be present to win) at the Oct. 31st Library Halloween party. To purchase raffle tickets contact Loretta Acevedo at
495-4168 or email@example.com
The colors are Chocolate Brown, Cream and Rouge (which is more of a terracotta color than red). The approximate measurements are 52” x 72”. It’s a sampler blanket with every square being a different pattern, and the entire blanket has a border of scalloped edging.
The blanket can be machine washed and dried.
Entirely hand crocheted by the UT Library Castoffs
All proceeds from this raffle will go to Hospice Austin.
Sorry, I don’t do math! Pies are more my thing…
I made one small mistake and one HUGE oversight in my last blog. I forgot to add the total from the Afghan raffle that the Cast-Offs created! Mea Culpa… (that’s Catholic for Forgive Me!). That beautiful afghan (won by Holly Ovalle!) raised $602, which brings out HoT Grant Total for Special Events to $4,984.52! Way to go, Libraries!!!
A hearty congratualtions and heartfelt thank you to one and all for making this Hearts of Texas campaign such a success! Our special events raised $4,380.52 and our 48 online Pledges totaled $19,053.40!
Keep checking this website for timely updates on future events. We’re hoping to do the Bowlathon during the intercession, and the Chili cookoff is scheduled for Feb. 2!
Thanks again to everyone; it was a joy to work w/ y’all, and be a part of such a fantastic and caring organization!
Did you know that HOT Jeopardy is THIS WEEK?
Take a break from your work day with a thrilling battle of wits! Play at the contestants’ table against fierce competition, or try the “play at home” version from the comfort of your seat in the audience. Winners take bragging rights and a winner’s certificate and the Grand Champion gets to name the receiving charity!
What: Hearts of Texas Jeopardy! Tournament
When: Thursday & Friday, Oct 13th & 14th
1 p.m.-2p.m. (Championship Round Friday)
Where: PCL 1.124
Want to try your hand at some of our hardest Jeopardy questions before the tournament? Check out our sample questions here.
Charming zebra monotype created by Library bookkeeping employee Sandy Lowder. Come see it in its new black frame in PCL 1.102C!
Silent Auction homepage
Not just break them, but smash them… Just as we broke records all summer long, and smashed the previous high for 100 dgree days in a year (w/ 90and counting!), today we smashed the previous high for bake sale proceeds (which was $631)…
Drum roll, please…
That’s right, we raised over $800 today at the first PCL Bake Sale to kick off the Hearts of Texas campaign. Congratualtions to everyone who made it such a smashing success… Fantastic bakers like Coleen and Catherine, and Dolores who brought the fruit… And Alma, I loved that chocolate cake!
Special thanks and a hearty congratulations to Susan and Anh for all their hard work! Well done!
What a great way to start the campaign…
Wow, what a great day!
Great weather for the first PCL Bake Sale… Thanks to all the super-cooks who contributed goodies, and thanks to all the hungry eaters!
And special round of applause to Katherine Strickland and Michelle Keba for getting this website and blog up and running… Beautiful work!
This is my first blog post ever, so if I can do it, so can you… Please give us all your questions and comments. Here’s your chance to tell us, to tell me, what you would or would not(!) like to see in the Hearts of Texas campaign. We’re trying to make it more fun, and less of a burden… Let us know how’re doing!
Now get out and get some goodies before they’re all gone!
The Library committee working on the Hearts of Texas this year will be putting out a cookbook of your recipes. Of course, before we can do that we need your recipes. Please submit your favorite recipe(s) so everyone can make your dish and know who to thank for it.
- submit your recipe to: Loretta Acevedo email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- We are asking you to submit your recipe in a WORD document – this will make compiling the cookbook much easier & quicker. If you can’t do a word doc then put it in an e-mail message. I can copy from email and paste it into WORD.
- If you have to submit a paper copy please DO NOT give me your only copy of this recipe. My organizational skills are sketchy at best and I cannot be responsible if the your recipe is lost. Make a copy for us to work with.
- We don’t have any idea of layouts yet but if you want to submit a small photo of the finished dish that would be fine. I don’t promise it will be used but you never know.
- Please do include your name (and dept./unit would be great, too) so everyone will know who is responsible for the fabulous dish they just made
- The book will NOT be limited to any one type of dish, such as desserts, main dish, etc. Contribute your favorite recipe – period! However, it would be helpful if you would indicate whether or not you serve it as an appetizer, main dish, etc.
- If you want to include something pertinent about the dish, i.e. it was your grandfather’s favorite recipe; your great, great, great grandmother got the recipe from Ma Ferguson … etc. Again, I don’t promise there will be enough room for pictures or stories but if you want to include it with your recipe go ahead.
- Feel free to submit more than one recipe if you like with the understanding that the committee has the final say in which recipes get used in the event we have more recipes that we can financially include in the book.
Deadline to submit recipes is: Monday October 10th, 2011.
We are hoping for a December sale of this Library cookbook so please check your recipes and start e-mailing them to me as soon as you find them. We know the Library is full of excellent cooks so please contribute a recipe or two and let the cooking begin.
CALLING ALL BAKERS (AND HUNGRY PEOPLE)!!!
WHAT: 1st Hearts of Texas PCL Bake Sale of the season!
WHERE: PCL Plaza
WHEN: Wednesday, October 5th from 8am-1pm
WHY: All proceeds will be donated to the UT Austin Staff Emergency Fund
Please bring donated baked goods to the Bake Sale tables on your way into work.
**Help us out by putting your name on your Tupperware or baking dish and attach a note describing your goodies (i.e. brownies w/nuts).
Want to order one of Steve Stein’s delicious homemade pies?
Contact me (Susan) or Steve Stein at email@example.com
Vouchers for made to order pies will also be sold at the Bake Sales this year.
Questions??: Contact Susan Hallgren @ firstname.lastname@example.org
The Hearts of Texas Auction is up and running.
Bidding will be open until 11:00am on October 31!
Check out all of the great stuff for sale, like this week’s featured item a Bolivian Carrying Cloth!